Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Best of friends

When Rob and I went home for the holidays we left Kacee here. We didn't want to disrupt her for the two weeks - and then there was the four day trip to Adelaide which would have meant having her looked after by someone else. So it was easier to leave her on the island.

Margaret, Rob's very able and capable assistant and Jules her partner, looked after her. We were all curious as to how Maui their cat would get on with Kacee - would she accept her and eventually befriend her or would it be a case of total rejection. Well, after their initial meeting when Maui arched her back and hissed  her displeasure, very soon they were playing hide and seek, having their naps together and sharing a food bowl.

By the end of the two weeks they were best friends. And when we came home - while Kacee was very happy to see us - after a couple of hours she became quite sad and mopey. I thought this would last for a day or two, but I was wrong. She was missing Maui .... badly.

So when Rob and I walked into Ibis - our local supermarket - and saw a notice on the community board "Kittens to give away" ...... well, was that a sign or what??? Rob rang the number there and then and made an appointment with the owner for delivery of the kitten. And that's how Zoe came to be a part of our family.
Are you wondering how she and Kacee get on? They get on beautifully - they play, they cuddle, they nuzzle. Kacee is so gentle with her - she's a darling. And Rob and I are getting so much pleasure watching them at play - they are delightful.



Rob has since told me that he thought I was being quite impetuous when I "suggested" he ring Zoe's owner (well I am a Gemini) - but now he's glad. He adores his girls - and I'm included in that group too :-)

Expanding our little family - life is good.

2 comments: