Sunday, April 10, 2011

Musings on a Sunday afternoon

I love living on T.I. - you know that. And I love coming home - to see family, friends, to spend time in our lovely cottage and to make the most of those things that don't happen on the island:
  • Nikki calling in on a Sunday morning
  • Mum picking me up for an outing
  • Friday night dinner with my kids and their spouses
  • lots of take-away choices on a Saturday night
  • wearing my pink knitted scarf with jeans and boots
  • finding my favourite dark chocolate mousse in the supermarket
  • finding my favourite cheddar cheese rice crackers in the supermarket
  • finding lots of things in the supermarket
  • knowing that any coffee shop is open on a Sunday afternoon
  • movies !!!!!
  • hospitals and doctors that know what they are doing
You know, I really have the best of both worlds. Rob and I live on a beautiful tropical island, albeit remote, and we have made some very special friends since moving up there. We both have jobs that we love, and speaking for myself, the people I work with are caring and fun.

Every few months we are able to leave the rock and reconnect with family and friends - and that's important for my mental and emotional health. Rob also prefers living with a refreshed and happy me.

I know that one day soon, we will be coming home for good. And that will be a happy day. But for now, I want to enjoy what I have, live in the moment, and be thankful for all the blessings that God has given me.

Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment