Friday, April 22, 2011

Weekend in Adelaide

You know for someone who never wanted to live anywhere else, i.e. Brisbane, I've developed quite a love for a number of other places :-) We all know how I feel about Thursday Island - and have I mentioned I could also live in Cairns? Well let me now add Adelaide to that list.

Rob and I flew there last weekend for the second time in six months. The occasion? The wedding of Lauren - Rob's lovely daughter, and Adam - his now lovely son-in-law. Adelaide turned on a beautiful day - warm, sunny and inviting - and all the guests arrived with one thing in mind. We were there to celebrate the union of a wonderful couple, and to support them in starting out their life together.

Lauren getting some help from her sister Natalie - there were 29 buttons to be done up!!

Adam (groom), Lee (Rob's son) and Lachlan (grandson)

Pretty flower girls - Chloe and Amelia
When we come together like that in love and friendship, then we are assured of a joyful and fun time.

This weekend was special to me for another reason. A couple of years ago I joined an on-line forum and since then I have become friends with a group of very special women. We share so much. We support each other through the tough times and delight in our joyous times - weddings, birthdays, holidays - any and all celebrations.

I've had the pleasure and privilege, over the past few years, to meet up with some of these wonderful women. We live all over Australia - so once a year we try to organise a "meet".  Unfortunately, I've not been able to go to any of them. But I have at different times been in Sydney and then Adelaide so have arranged to meet the girls who live there. And I have also played hostess to Kathy when she was over from WA.

It's exciting. And the meets always involve food - and why not? What better way to celebrate a friendship than over a meal and a glass of wine? 

On Saturday I met Judi and Sophia - no wine this time - but a delicious brunch in the heart of Adelaide. Good food, good company, lots of chatter, feeling very relaxed and comfortable with each other. And then we did what all women do when they're feeling good - we shopped, and we shopped well :-)
Sophia, Judi and Silvana
Things have been a little hectic here recently so this weekend was a lovely sojourn away - a time to relax, breathe and enjoy the company of family and friends.

It's times like this that I can honestly say - life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment