Sunday, November 7, 2010

Feeling lonely

Today I felt it - the distance. Today I was alone. Today, I wanted more than anything, to be with a friend - to have a coffee, maybe even a drink, to chat, and to have a little vent. Today I wanted my support network but distance got in the way.

So ...... I went to the foreshore. The water was perfect - flat, clear and inviting. The sky was blue and cloudless. The neighbouring islands provided a peaceful backdrop as I sat on the rock wall and felt lucky to be there.

I'd bought a book with me - reading relaxes me once I can get my mind to stop racing - and together with the groups of families and friends around me I enjoyed the beauty of the T.I. foreshore.

There is no substitute for a friend - as beautiful as this place is - but it did wonders to restore my soul and peace of mind. I'm still in a mild turmoil. I'm a talker - that's how I 'heal'- I get the words out of me, and I feel better. That's what my wonderful friends do - they listen, they help me to heal.

Today I missed you so much.

Below: The beautiful foreshore on T.I.


One of the many strips of beautiful coastline, Thursday Island, Australia
This travel blog photo's source is TravelPod page: Thursday on Saturday.....

1 comment:

  1. We are all just a click of the mouse away and remember your beloved Father is always there to hear your voice.

    ReplyDelete