Thursday, December 30, 2010

Decluttering

There's nothing like a good workout in the yard to clear things up - it clears toxins as you sweat and work muscles, it clears the yard of clutter and mess ...... and it clears your head.

Yesterday, Rob and I got stuck into the yard. A green skip bin arrived bright and early and by midday it was half full. While Rob played with his chain saw toy, I work steadily and systematically weeding out long grass and overgrown ferns. Then as Rob broke up branches and tried to avoid powerlines, I trimmed the lower trees with my trusty secateurs. (I didn't really work systematically - I just want you to think I'm organised).

Rob in the thick of it

The denuded jacaranda tree - the garbo will be pleased :-)

Showing off :-)
We both finished exhausted and sore, but very pleased with our efforts. My favouite time is the walk-around as you survey what you've done and how good is looks now. And our reward? - an icy cold beer, of course!



Our beautiful front yard - welcome!

A well deserved beer - icy cold :-)

Getting rid of all the overgrowth, we can now see the front gate ..... and the Gateway Bridge in the distance. Did I clear my head? Well, when you exercise you release endorphins - the feel good hormones - and while I don't know that my head is yet fully decluttered, I do feel quite positive - and that's a very good start :)

Today I can say, with confidence, life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment