Saturday, May 15, 2010

Belonging

The flight is booked, job is quit, farewell breakfasts, lunches and dinners abound. I'm off and flying on Tuesday 25th May to start a new adventure in a new place.

This morning, while reflecting on what's ahead, I realise that I need to redefine to myself what it means to belong. I belong here - my home is here, my family, friends, work, support network. And let's not forget the shops, the cafes, the theatres - all of what makes it interesting and meaningful to be me. And it's important to me to feel 'belonged' {is that a word? - it is now :)}.

Where I'm going .... will I belong? Where will I fit in? Will I find my sense of self? Will I still continue to feel interesting and meaningful ....... and me.

What's ahead? - life is opening up

2 comments:

  1. You will find it a big adventure and it will be hard but remember you are not alone. You are with the one you love. You may even find at times you want to go back, but if you do, you will find that the new place has already made a mark on you and going back to the old, will no longer be the same.
    Safe travels on Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Silvana as you know ive recently done what your about to do, I left everything behind that was *me* and ive bought 3 children along for the ride and for this new chapter in my life, do I miss my old life? not for a second =) I do miss friends and family but not to the extent of longing to be back in Tasmania with them. I feel I belong here and ive never been happier in my life and to be turning 40 and saying that is a real biggie in my books..I wish you every ounce of happiness and cant wait to hear all about your new life in Northern QLD x

    ReplyDelete