Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Change of plans

For those of you who have been following, you'll know about my partner's new job and my decision to not join him. His job has taken him to a remote part of north Queensland and I didn't want to live there - away from my home, my family, my life. But a funny thing happened along the way.

At Rob's suggestion I went to visit for a long weekend - suss it out, meet the people, see where he works and plays (although truth be told there's not much playing as he's virtually on call 24/7). And, as I said, a funny thing happened. I've decided to give it a go - get way out of my comfort zone, leave the safety of home and hearth and venture far away to try something new.

I'm excited and scared. But it's a good scared. It's like I'm on the verge of something big - and I can't wait to see what it is.

Butterflies in my stomach - life is good

1 comment:

  1. You should read the book I have just finished.
    I reviewed it on my blog ;)

    ReplyDelete