Saturday, May 22, 2010

One more sleep

I have so much stuff! I always knew that but now that I'm packing up and transferring to another place, I can see clearly how much stuff I have. But what's really surprising me is how much stuff I'm prepared to leave behind.

And I guess it's tied in with what I was saying in my previous post - a sense of belonging. Stuff makes you feel belonged (remember I said it is a word). When I look around my home I see my paintings, photos, books, bits and pieces, decor - my things, and they show me that I belong here.

Now I've packed some things to take with me because I need to feel belonged when I get to where I'm going. So there's kitchen stuff, some books and a few bits and pieces, but only a few :)

And as I look around me, I can see that I'm leaving a lot behind. And you know what - I'm OK with it. I'm OK with leaving it all here where it belongs because I'm am now going to be somewhere else and I will find a way to make me feel that that place is where I will belong .... for now.

So it's truly a new start for me - new experiences, new friends, new place ....... and new stuff.

Leaving it all behind - life is moving forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment