Thursday, May 27, 2010

Day 2 on Thursday Island




I'm here, safe and sound. Getting here was very pleasant - 2 smooth and uneventful flights from Brisbane to Cairns, Cairns to Horn Island and then a very easy and scenic ferry ride across emerald green water to T.I.

Bags were then dumped, and the remaining hours of the day were spent meeting and greeting and then wining and dining before an early night and a deep sleep. Since arriving here I have not worn a watch - there's no need. I don't have to be anywhere at any given time.

I've already taken over the bedroom and the dining and spare room have been rearranged. Tomorrow I tackle the kitchen cupboards. But it's not all work. This is quite a social place, especially where we're based and there is always somebody around. Now I know there will be a time when this is going to drive me insane, but for now, after a couple of months of living alone, I'm enjoying it.

I'm also enjoying the ease with which I have settled in - it's not been frantic and stressful. I'm enjoying how I'm happy to let things be, to wait and see, to trust that it will work out.

But it is after all only day 2 ...........

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like this journey is going to be a good growing time and you are not alone, remember that

    ReplyDelete