Friday, May 28, 2010

Things to do on Saturday

Life here is different. Some would say it's how it should be, how it used to be. There is no rat race. Two cars at an intersection means a traffic jam :) (OK, slight exaggeration)

Shops close at 1pm on Saturday for the entire weekend. The newsagent opens on Sunday from 5-5.45 pm to sell the weekend papers.

I've been told that unless you like fishing and drinking, then there's nothing to do up here. Well ..... let me find out. I'm looking forward to going back to basics - to being part of a community. I'm fond of saying that "you get out of it what you put into it". Let me see what I can contribute, what I'm prepared to give of myself so that I can get back.

Today I'm doing nothing - but it's not a lazy doing nothing, it's more a stop, listen and learn to chill out sort of nothing. It's a sort of listen to your thoughts, write them down, make a list, make a plan sort of nothing. It's clearing the traffic jam in my head sort of nothing.

Just being - life is good

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like the start of a new life, something we don't all get a chance to do. I Pray that you have all the time you need to hear the Voice that will lead you on in the Way to Go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Fishing & Drinking" only? Rubbish!

    Half the outback would kill to be in such a location. Handy to Post Office, shops, everything you could want, right beside the ocean, and only a couple of hours flight from the city of Cairns, a place taht really DOES have everything for a good weekend or night out!

    ReplyDelete