Saturday, February 27, 2010

Today I'm basking in the afterglow of a job well done :) Yesterday I was reminded of how much I enjoy playing hostess to my friends.

It all starts with the invitation. Then the "oh-oh, what have I done?" But that thought is momentary as the other half of me is already planning menus, table settings and guest list - and more importantly a timetable.

The day dawns with a flurry of last minute house cleaning - "don't use the bathroom, I've wiped everything down!!!" Not that the bathroom will be seen as guests will use the smaller one.

Then - working to the timetable. Start at prepping x o'clock, finish that by y o'clock, start something else at z o'clock and be finished and washed up by deadline. Then time for a quick shower and change and be ready and waiting for the arrival of the first guest.

I love the oohs and aahs as they lay eyes on the table setting - matching or non-matching it doesn't matter as long as it's done with love. Flowers and/or greenery are a must.

Food - it's all in the presentation. Beautiful plates and platters, flowers as garnish - it all adds to the fun and pleasure.

And all too soon it's over. And it's time to clean up. But even that can be fun as I relive the afternoon and enjoy the feeling of knowing that I'm good at this. And I can't wait to do it again.

Entertaining at home - yes - life is good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment