Monday, August 30, 2010

After the ball is over

Before I came up, Rob mentioned something about a ball - it was on his list of "things to do" when I got here. And it seems, it was on everyone else's list as well. I continued to hear about 'the ball' once I'd arrived on the island - "are you going? what are you wearing? have you got a table?". And as the date got closer activity on eBay increased - we don't have many shops here that sell ball/cocktail dresses :)

Fortunately I had brought something with me - against my daughter Vera's advice I might add - "where are you going to wear that?". So in answer to everyone's questions I was able to say "yes, we are going; yes, I have something to wear and yes we have a table" (thank you to Bernie for inviting us to join you).



Together with the dashing Rob before the Wongai Ball - one of the social events on the Thursday Island calender.


A quick drink with staff and pilots in the dining room

And then the fun began! Peter (in the red vest) was my dancing partner.



The lovely Wendy - Bernie's wife.

We enjoyed a delicious asian banquet catered by the amazing Margaret SeeKee (her son DJ is one of our deckies). She was ably assisted by DJ and one of her daughters as well as a couple of other women who all worked very hard on the night to make everything fantastic.

It was the best night - I had so much fun. The music was great - we had a live band and then disco in between. I danced all night !!!!!!

Most of the women glammed up and it was lovely to see so many beautiful dresses - no ball gowns, cocktail dresses were the norm. Rob and Peter were the only males to wear a tie of any description - but this is T.I. remember, and anything goes. It didn't matter because we were all there to have fun - and we did :)

I came home on such a high and stayed up there all day Sunday and some of today as well :) Am I looking forward to the next one? Yes !!!

Dancing on Thursday Island - life is good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment