Monday, August 9, 2010

Shopping on T.I.

I never thought I'd go shopping on-line. I like to see things in the flesh, so to speak, before I hand over my money. How do I know if that shirt/dress/skirt suits unless I try it on- they always look fabulous in the photo. And like the model I'm tall, slim, blond and gorgeous ...... ahem. So I need the reality check of actually trying on said item and then I can decide.

But I'm on T.I. now and I've had to change my way of thinking about this. There's not a lot of choice here. Col Jones - remember THE shop? - sells Billabong. OK, fine .... if I'm 18 and a surfie (do we still say 'surfie'?). Mona's sells moo-moos and loud island wear and caters for the larger sizes - their 'small' starts at Large. Where does a girl go? She goes on-line.

To that end I was aided and abetted by the pilot house cook - she gave me her Ezibuy catalogue. Raq loves Ezibuy and with good reason - they have nice stuff. I have flicked through a couple of her books in the past and have always found something that I like. So this morning, I bit the bullet and bought. It's too easy.

What did I buy? A white shirt - for work, a cardigan - yes a cardigan on T.I. - and a scarf. It was hard to stop there :) But now that I'm a member of the Ezibuy family I know they won't forget about me. I'll be kept up to date with 'must haves', they'll let me know when I can 'buy 2 and save' and more importantly 'what's hot'.

Shopping on the internet - life is interesting.

2 comments:

  1. So true Silvana, I loved Ezibuy when we lived at Elcho island - a true lifesaver in the wardrobe dept. Nice homewares too!
    Clairey xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I buy my clothes from there too, but beware of the cheap tshirts, they go out of shape. The better quality ones are great.

    ReplyDelete