Friday, August 20, 2010

Happy birthday Carmel

 

Today is my daughter-in-law's birthday. Happy Birthday Carmel !!!!!!!!!!

Carmel and Mark married on 11th December, last year - a day of celebration, fun and lots of love. Who would have thought when these two found each other again on Facebook, that it would culminate in a wedding day - their wedding day :)

Who would have thought that the two little kids who first met at St Martin's primary school all those years ago, who would lose contact and then reconnect through the wonders of the internet, would end up as husband and wife?

Carmel's great. I love what she's done for Mark - she brings out the best in him. She has taught him so many things that I, as a mother, could not have done.

And not only that - we have the best time together - she loves a wine (or two), we can talk about anything and everything and I can be myself completely when I'm with her - isn't that right Carmel? :)

So Carmel - happy birthday to you. To say that I wish I could be with you goes without saying. To say that I wish I could be there to give you a hug and a kiss and maybe celebrate in some small way - well, you know I would if I could. But let me say this - I bless the day you came back into our lives. You are a wonderful daughter-in-law and a beautiful friend.

Silvana xo

P.S. I've had some lovely comments about my 'Just a teacher's aide' post - thank you. It's such a different world working with kids for whom English is their second language ..... but I'm getting there. And I have nothing but the utmost admiration and respect for the teachers who work with them on a daily basis.

1 comment:

  1. You're not supposed to make me teary on my birthday!!! That was the best birthday message I received. I look forward to having that wine (or two) with you when you get home :) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete