Sunday, May 1, 2011

Sunday with Phil

Phil is still in hospital - he should be home on Tuesday. But first, before they release him, he needs to have another scan.

Today was a good day. When I arrived at the hospital this morning Phil's room was full - full of family, full of love. I had a quiet word to him as he'd been chatting for a while and was tired. So I told him to rest, that there was enough of us to keep ourselves occupied - it was important that he not be stressed. He smiled his sweet smile.

After a while he suggested that we go for a walk to the garden - it has river views and is very pleasant. So, into the wheelchair - water bottle and essentials at the ready - and off we went. Phil sat and chatted with us for about half an hour before he asked to be taken back to his room. I took him and then rejoined the others in the garden. We caught up and left Phil to rest.

When I left, I left feeling happy. Although he'd been asleep for the rest of the afternoon it was restful and quiet. He's been eating, things are happening as they should and it looks like his pain is being managed.

We take every day as it comes. Our younger brother Anthony and his family has noticed a change in seven days and my daughter Vera, who hasn't seen him for a month, found the visit quite emotional.

Phil did well today - he deserved his big sleep. And I hope he now knows how much we love him.

Today, I felt that life is lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment