Thursday, May 19, 2011

From gratitude to now

It's interesting how things evolve. A business can start out as one concept then over time may change into another, sometimes related, sometimes not. How many bookshops and giftshops eventually add a coffee area and then in some cases drop the original idea to become just the coffee shop? Years ago our local fruit shop - already an amazing place to shop - expanded and added a continental deli. Now it's truly a one-stop shop and is busy every single day of the week.

OK - so I'm getting a little off track. But what I'm trying to say is this: I started Silvana's Place in February 2010 as a gratitude journal - "Each day I want to remember how fortunate I am. Each day I will count my blessings". 

Along the way things happened - as they do in life - and soon my entries reflected a time of uncertainty and fear. What had happend to make me feel like this? Rob had accepted a job on, of all places, Thursday Island .... where was that? Off Cairns somewhere? Well sort of - only after another two hour flight further north and then a ten minute ferry ride from Horn Island.

However, once I'd had a change of mindset and injected myself with a spirit of adventure my posts took another turn as Rob and I began life on TI - remember Boris, Bize, the Wongai ball and the many many stories of life in the pilot house? I was provided with such a rich source of stories, and family and friends were always kept up to date on happenings and events.

And lastly, for the past few weeks, I have used Silvana's Place to share with you a special time in my life as I helped my Mum nurse Phil until he passed over into peace last week.

It started as a gratitude journal and it still is as I document the joys, challenges, heartaches and new experiences that life tosses to me. What new adventures await us? Where to now?

I'll keep you posted - life is good :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment