Saturday, June 4, 2011

Zen in my life

As usual things here happen overnight and at the speed of lightning. Since my last post Rob and I have focussed on his healing, as we awaited the outcome of an appointment with a neurosurgeon. To operate or to not operate? - that was the question.

Fortunately we found someone who was not keen to sharpen his scalpel. He advised us that Rob was progressing as expected and that he could look forward to being back to normal - well, sort of - in about a month's time. To that end he prescribed another cortisone injection and to continue to see Charles, the physiotherapist who has been wonderful in helping to get Rob back on track.

So, a phone call to Work Cover followed letting them know that Rob had been given the OK by both doctors to return to work on light duties. The question remained - was there a position for Rob to return to under these circumstances? We soon found out.

Within hours we were notified that - yes of course there is a job, yes on light duties and can he start now? As in yesterday? So, once again, mad bookings to get a flight and plans to be at work bright and early tomorrow morning.

But what about me? And Kacee? Well - I wasn't quite ready to rush off at the speed of lightning so I confidently told Rob that Kacee and I will join him in a few days - just give me time to tie up some loose ends, do some last minute shopping and then we'll come up. Ha! said the Universe - you will go when I'm good and ready and not a minute sooner.

My friends I am booked to fly up to TI on Saturday the 18th of June. To get a flight sooner has proved to be impossible! The stumbling block is Kacee - bless her. Did you know that Qantas is the only airline that carries pets? If you know differently please let me know ASAP. I am further restricted in that I must make the trip in the one day as I can't leave the dog overnight with the carrier. And said carrier will only accept the pet at certain times on certain days.

Kacee - frequent flyer
So in the spirit of Zen and bowing to the wishes of the Universe I have decided to accept that I am in Brisbane for another two weeks and that I will use this time alone to do nice things - explore interesting little coffee shops, visit weekend produce markets, catch a movie or two. This will be a time for reflection, meditation and stopping to smell the roses (or coffee as the case may be).

Two weeks will fly by in no time and before I know it I will be winging my way up north and ferrying my way over the aquamarine waters to beautiful TI.

But .... in the meantime .... I'll be tryng to get a flight at least by next weekend.  Don't think I'd make a good Buddhist.

Life is moving again :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment