Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Blessings

Well - have I taken to this Zen thing or what? After my last post I spent about an hour on the phone with Qantas trying to change my flight to an earlier one. And I did .... for half of the journey anyway. Seems they could get us to Cairns okay, but it was going to be a challenge to get us from there to Horn Island. I gave up.

So - finally resigned to the fact that I was to be in Brisbane for another two weeks, I relaxed and did those things that I said I was going to do. Let me share with you some of the blessings that the Universe has bestowed on me - I can see now why I needed to stay :-)

* Dinners:  lots of them - family dinners, dinner with friends, dinners out and dinners in.

* Movies: an afternoon session at the movies with two very special and old - as in long time - friends. Afterwards a glass of wine, a light snack and lots of talking, laughing, sharing and caring. My gorgeous friends - Julie and Moya - two beautiful, warm, kind and loving women. How fortunate are we to have known each other all these years, to have shared our joys, sorrows, heartaches and delights? And we're still smiling :-) ..... and we still look pretty good! I love you both.

* Meditation: When I came down in April, my friend Vicki asked if I would like to join her one Saturday morning at a meditation session. She thought I might like it. Vicki was a wonderful support to me while I was looking after Phil - I found her words calming and beautiful. Last Saturday I met up with her and enjoyed a relaxing and calming meditation class conducted by Chris - a gentle woman who guided us through the session and made me feel very welcomed.

* Toastmasters: By staying down  for the extra two weeks I was able to get to another Toastmasters meeting. While I didn't take too much of an active part, it was great to catch up with everyone and also to get that bit of motivation to keep things happening once I get back to TI.

* Coffee shops: I managed to find two new coffee shops that are just wonderful. One is called "d'arte" in Riding Road and the other is "Cottage Garden" in Stanley Road. Both places make amazing coffee and have their own unique ambiance. I spent ages just sitting, reading, enjoying - and smelling - the coffee and soaking up the atmosphere.

* Friends: lovely, caring, wonderful friends. Sunday afternoons at DMs wine bar at Southbank listening to the velvety voice of Wiley Reed, dancing to the music and sharing a glass of wine. Big Al, Annamarie, Margaret, David, Gareth - thank you for looking out for me and for just being you. By the way, did I mention Big Al?

* Birthdays: mine - my 57th in fact. It's a biggish number, isn't it. But can I tell you that, for me, the bigger the number the more blessings I seem to acquire.

To the Universe I say - thank you, with all my heart - thank you.

Life is good.

1 comment:

  1. Happiness week was all the happier for me with you in it,Silvana. Glad we squeezed in another get together before you went back to TI. We never seem to run out of things to say, do we? That's what long friendships do - just keep keeping on. Love to you and ramp up that island living again. Look forward to many more of your lovely blogs. Life is great .... when you are just a click of the keyboard away.

    ReplyDelete