Thursday, June 24, 2010

Date night

Tonight Rob and I had a date :) We didn't go out or anything like that. We had dinner outside at our little outdoor setting, just the two of us. We ate a simple meal, shared a glass of wine and talked ....... about non-work stuff.

I've been working with him the past two weeks, filling in, and the last couple of days have been absolute chaos. His phone has not stopped ringing and everyone who walks into the office wants his attention - now! Today I sent him an email just so I could talk to him - it was the only way I could get him to listen for a minute.

So tonight after our showers and while we prepared dinner I told him we were going on a date. I won't tell you what he answered (wink). But it was so pleasant to sit outside - away from everything, away from the usual surrounds - and be together. No phones, no computers, no updates and no other people.

Sometimes it's the little things that can make a big difference. I know that tomorrow is going to be another busy day, but after our date tonight we are both revived and refreshed.

Enjoying the simple things - life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment