Monday, June 14, 2010

Blossoms

I will have been here 3 weeks tomorrow. So far, so good :) And I haven't really been here long enough to miss anything yet, apart from my family of course ...... and Lily, my cat. But there is one thing that I do miss already and I wish I could do something about it. I miss fresh flowers.

If you've ever been to my place you will know that I always have a vase of fresh flowers on the dining room table. It helps to make the place homely. It brings a warmth and friendliness to the room, to my space.

So once I'd moved in, rearranged the furniture and made the place my own, I stopped to get the flowers. But where were they? There is no florist and the supermarket does not sell them either. I waited for the monthly Saturday morning craft markets because Rob told me that they sometimes have a flower stall. But not this month :(

So to that end I have planted some flower seeds in the back garden bed and hopefully, with regular watering and some TLC they will grow into beautiful blooms. But until then, I do have an alternative.

There is a wonderful bouganvillea bush in the front yard as well as a hibiscus. And the neighbour across the road has a frangipani tree that drops its flowers daily. So now instead of a vase of flowers on the table I have little bowls of floating frangipani flowers placed here and there, and little vases (glasses) of deep purple bouganvillea and ruby red hibiscus that unfortunately only last a day.

So together with the bowl of fresh fruit on the table and the little vases of flowers here and there my space is now looking homely and fun.

Waiting for my flowers to grow - life is blooming :)

No comments:

Post a Comment