Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Hello comfort zone :)

Remember my post about stretching my comfort zone? No!!!! I am not thinking of another helicopter ride :) But I am thinking of taking a step or two outside.

Yesterday I went to see about volunteer work. I was introduced to a dietician and another health worker. This couple are working hard to get the locals to embrace a healthy lifestyle. I was involved in similar work back home. The upshot of my visit is that in the coming months I will assist them in promoting their challenge to the locals in their work environment. I will be working closely with the dietician in presenting her program. I hope to utilise my Toastmaster skills and put forward an interesting and interactive presentation to get and keep everybody motivated .... but bit scared.

Speaking of Toastmasters, I want to start a club up here, so contacted TM International and they have sent me a new club kit. Holy dooley - had I known what's involved I may have just waited until I get back home to pick up my TM journey from where I left off. There is quite a bit to do and I am feeling a tad out of my league. But to quote one of TM colleagues: "the further you leave your comfort zone Silvana, the faster you grow". Hey, I'm 56 David - haven't I finished growing? - apparently not :)

I have an appointment tomorrow with the island journalist to discuss publicity for the TM club and calling for expressions of interest. Once that happens, I'll have a starting point and I can then move on from there ..... I hope. BTW - we're meeting at the new coffee shop :)

So - the journey continues. No, I have not finished growing - I don't want to. There is so much more to do :)

Still stretching the zone - life is getting more and more interesting :)

1 comment:

  1. All I can say is this is so good. It will not only give you something different to do for you but stretch you. The world is you oyster

    ReplyDelete