Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Exercise











Top and bottom pic: Views while I walk.
Some of you may remember from an earlier post that I am a procrastinator. And the thing I usually procrastinate about the most is exercise. And I don't know why.
Now my exercise routine is not high maintenance, time consuming, difficult or expensive. My exercise routine consists of a daily walk - and sometimes I may even slowly jog. For just 30 minutes of my time every day - or on most days - I have the power to keep myself fit and healthy.

Not only does my body benefit from the daily workout, but my mind does too. It's a great time to declutter, to sort things out, to think things through. Sometimes I even go blank (hey come on be nice) - and I use the time to look at my surrounds, listen to the different sounds, listen to the silence and appreciate the view.

I like to be mindful of my breathing, how my body feels as my heart rate goes up, how my muscles are being worked and of how I hold my posture. On some days I can actually feel myself toning up. And it's such a great feeling - it's truly a high.

I like to hold onto that feeling and I call it up from the back of my mind on those days when I'm finding it hard to get out and walk, on those days when the procrastinator in me is working overtime, when I become queen of the excuses.

But a funny thing has happened - again - since moving here. I'm finding I procrastinate less and exercise more. And why not? Look at what I see when I walk :)
Enjoying the views while I walk - life is healthy

No comments:

Post a Comment