Monday, June 28, 2010

The sounds of music

T.I. is alive with the sound of music - my music, that is :) When I came here I made sure that I packed a selection of CDs and for the first couple of weeks they sat on the wall unit, unplayed. But now, every morning, I choose one and the sounds of music fill the unit all day.

It's another way to make my place homely. And making the unit homely helps with feeling belonged. When I look around I see my stuff - old and new, my music is playing in the background and I have a sense of being at home.

Having music around me seems to bring it all together. I know the songs, the words, why I bought that particular CD, which song makes me want to stop and dance or sing along. At the moment I'm listening to the soundtrack of the movie "Chicago" and believe me nothing makes me want to dance and sing along more than "All that Jazz" - Catherine Zeta-Jones move over.

But it's all about balance, isn't it? I mean there are times when silence is good, when you need that silence to reconnect, to have a sanity check, when you need to listen to the silence. And then there's music - the sounds of music, of singing, of dancing. It's about me being me - here, on Thursday Island - away from home, but feeling quite belonged and ...... all - that - jazz.

Making my music - life is melodious :)

No comments:

Post a Comment