Monday, July 5, 2010

What a day!

Tonight I rang my Mum - yes, Nelli :) It's the first anniversary of her husband's death and I wanted to call and see how she spent the day, how she coped. After she told me about her day, she then asked me about mine.

Well today was a mixed bag. It began with a phone call from one of my daughters - and that's always a great start to my day :) Then chef asked if I wanted to accompany her to the shops. Why not? And that was another pleasant interlude as we strolled into town, browsed, purchased and then strolled back home.

The day then took a rather nasty turn. We didn't reaslise that we were being followed, and after I left her in the front yard - me to go to the office, she to go to the kitchen - the person following us entered the yard and assaulted her. Thankfully she was not hurt although very badly shaken and upset. The matter has since been dealt with by his carers and the police. And more importantly Raquel is OK and very bravely went out again after the incident because she forgot to pick something up from the chemist. I told her she was under house arrest, but she ignored me :)

This afternoon I was Sadie the cleaning lady as our regular sadie did not turn up. Oh the joys of being the manager's partner :) Then off to Rotary to pack second hand clothes to be sent to PNG.

Around 5ish I try to go for my walk and then look after the garden - water the plants, tidy up and check on the flower seeds. Rob likes to join me in the yard so tonight we decided to knock down the front fence, carry the bricks to the trailer and separate them into two piles - one for fill and one for landscaping.

I am exhausted - and so is pup :) I'm showered, fed, tired, I have sore muscles and the dishes can sit in the sink until tomorrow morning. I-don't-care. But it's a good feeling. I've had a full day, a mixed day. Good things, bad things, mundane things, little things that mean a lot, little things that will bring people closer.

Lots happening today - life is interesting.

1 comment:

  1. Wow talk about highs and lows. Glad Rachel is OK but she may need watching over the next few days to see if she suffers after affects but I am sure you will be there for her

    ReplyDelete